Helpful tips

Many people can get involved with network marketing and quickly find their niche. Some feel more comfortable talking one-on-one, some enjoy presenting to groups of several people at a time and some don't like either choice. In fact, some may hate either choice with a passion. The paralyzing fear of rejection and the overwhelming pressure to overcome shyness can be enough to cause someone to fiercely shake their head "no" to the very idea of entering the world of network marketing.

Common objections from prospects are "I don't have a background in sales" or "I don't think I would be good at this."

If someone is truly not interested, that is one thing...but the saddest thing to see is someone with the true desire but who lacks the confidence in themselves even though others can see their potential.

So, I'm here to tell you that you CAN overcome your fears of shyness and rejection and that you CAN find your niche - it just may require you to venture into territory that is out of your 'comfort zone.' Know this now and accept it -- think of it as a "necessary evil." We all have to do things in life that are less than comfortable but often, we end up better off for it.

I recently heard a very successful man speak and a statement he made really stuck with me --the following is paraphrased - "People will not find success in their comfort zone because successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people are not." That made perfect and total sense to me!

The people who never want to take a risk and never want to try something new are usually the people who get "pigeon-holed" into a work or life situation and become defenseless to their own debilitations. One person may stay in the same dead end job for 20 years because of their fear of change...they may have skills that could be very productive in another environment but they are rendered useless in a stagnant atmosphere.

On the other hand, those who are willing to try new ventures, try new marketing tools and try to overcome objections as well as their own shortcomings-- these are the people who will ultimately be successful sheerly due to their own strength and endurance! The tenacity to not give up will keep these people going and then success will follow!

Trust me, I am not an extrovert by nature. I have dealt with shyness and that paralyzing fear of public speaking my entire life....HOWEVER, I have not let that hold me back from pursuing things I want to accomplish. I was pretty shy and reserved in high school but I managed to find my niche in high school theater. I worked hard and after plenty of self talk and training from my director, I managed to snag a lead role in the fall production my senior year. As a result, I ended up having the most lines of any character in the entire play and had to perform multiple showings to an audience of 700+ each time!! The play was a huge success and my confidence level rose from there!

Positive self talk can be wonderful while negative self talk can be downright debilitating. If someone has convinced themselves that they 'CANNOT' do something, then they either have to A)change their mindset to succeed or B)accept their fear for what it is and then live with the regret that they didn't attempt to overcome the force that was holding them back.

Go into something and totally surprise yourself -- don't go in with the attitude "I can't do this," but instead, think "I will NOT fail at this." Remember your mission statement- What is your motivation? What do you hope to gain from this? = and don't give up until your mission is accomplished!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing moves fast in the land of the lost....

You're Either Building Someone Else's Dream or Your Own

I'm Back!